Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Review of J.A. Konrath's SHAKEN

Shaken (Jacqueline Shaken by J. A. Konrath

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


SHAKEN was the first book I've read from author J.A. Konrath, but it certainly won't be the last. Part of his Jacquelyn "Jack" Daniels series, the book is a great standalone thriller that never left me feeling lost because I hadn't read the previous titles in the series.

I was hooked within the first few pages. Although the book bounced around quite a bit, Konrath did it so well that I only had to stop once or twice to remember which story I was following at a given time. SHAKEN had the pace of an Alex Cross novel. The short chapters nudged its stories one step closer to the payoff, when Konrath masterfully tied it all together during the edge-of-your-seat conclusion.

One minor fault was the names of two important characters, Daniels' closest allies Harry and Herb. I had to stop a half-dozen times to sort them out. But it's a very small annoyance in an otherwise excellent novel that inspired me to put the rest of the books in the series on my Amazon wish list.

Highly recommended!

Print version
Kindle version
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment