Monday, January 3, 2011

My title is weird

THE SOMEBODY OBSESSION--it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it?  A book title is important and I don't like the way mine sounds.  So why did I name it that?  Three reasons:

1. The book is about the life experiences I collected that contributed to my obsession with becoming what I believed was a somebody, my journey into professional wrestling, and what I learned from the experience.  The first quarter-century of my life was driven by this obsession, so I think the title is appropriate.
2. I wanted a short title.  THE STORY OF A NOBODY AND THE PURSUIT TO BECOME A SOMEBODY (12 words) and THE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER IN THE WORLD OF SPORTS-ENTERTAINMENT (9 words) were too long.
3. I couldn't think of anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment